Ever since the introduction of the internet to the world, emails is considered to be a vital medium of communication in both the cases – formally and informally. However in recent times the idea of using it as a purpose to marketing was roped in and since then it has been indulged in various companies across.
What does one mean by the term ‘E-Mail Marketing’ ?
Well, email marketing sums up to a form of direct marketing that uses electronic email as a means of communicating commercial or fundraising messages to an audience. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing.
Nowadays, you must be receiving at least one email chimp regarding a fashion sale, life insurance plan, home loans or some mails we all have in our inbox are about food coupons from various food providing apps. The catchy subjects always get our notice and we opt to check it every time we get them in our mail box.
The main agenda for any company to send an email for promotional activity has a purpose of enhancing the relationship of a merchant with its current or previous customers and to encourage customer loyalty and repeat business. ‘Email Marketing’ also allow you to add advertisements with your content to raise even more awareness about one’s brand.
Coming back to the question “If it is important in today’s business’?
Then yes, it is!
‘Email Marketing’ helps a company to acquire new customers or convincing current customers. Some of the key advantages of email marketing are stated below;
1) An exact return on investment can be tracked and has proven to be high when done properly. Email marketing is often reported as second only to search marketing as the most effective online marketing tactic.
2) Advertisers can reach substantial numbers of email subscribers who have opted in to receive email communications on subjects of interest to them.
3) The most important of all is that over half of all Internet users check or send email on a typical day which broader the chance of “reach”.
4) Email allows marketers to reach out to consumers with personalized, relevant, dynamic messages.
5) Transactional emails allow businesses to respond automatically to important consumer events like purchases or shop-cart abandonment.
To gain the most out of ‘email marketing’ one Is opearating it or providing the service of the same has to take extra care of certain things like;
– Controlling the spam rate of the emails by the consumers’ email program, negatively affecting the delivery rate of the emails. This has somewhat been eliminated with the idea of “Opt-in” emailing, where the consumer consents to receiving the emails.
For more information: https://dignc.in/