PHP a server-side scripting language that has its main implementation in web development, and It can be use for general purpose programming language. PHP5 was released on july 13, 2004 and it is the latest version on PHP. PHP was powered by Zend Engine I and PHP5 is powered by Zend Engine II.
Is Php Serverside or Client Side Language?
Measure Difference Between PHP4 and PHP5.
- PHP4 was powered by Zend Engine 1.0
- PHP4 is more of a procedure language
- In PHP4, everything was passed by value, including objects.
- PHP5 incorporates static methods and properties.
- PHP5 introduces new functions.
- PHP5 introduced exceptions
- PHP5 was powered by Zend Engine II.
- PHP5 is object oriented.
- Whereas in PHP5, all objects are passed by reference.
- PHP5 introduces new default extensions such as SimpleXML, DOM and XSL, and Hash
- In PHP5, There are 3 levels of visibilities: Public, Private & protected