[05.04.18][Guide] ROOT S9+ (Exynos) + OEM fix + EFS Backup Tool
Before start rooting process of Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+, lets have a look on its specification.
If you want to know SAR value of all Samsung phones visit: Samsung SAR Value
|Samsung Galaxy S9+ Specifications|
|Technology / Frequency Bands||GSM : 850/900/1800/1900 MHz LTE : 850/900/1900/2100 MHz|
|Type||Li – Ion|
|Colors||Black Onyx, Gold Platinum, White Pearl, Pink Gold and Silver Titanium|
|Size||2960 x 1440 pixels|
|Type||color : SuperAMOLED|
|Sensors||Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Compass, Hall Sensor,HR Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Pressure sensor|
|Camera / Imaging / Video|
|Internet Browsing||Yes , Android Webkit browser|
|Ringtones||64 polyphonic MP3/MIDI/WAV/AMR|
|3.5mm Headphone Jack||yes|
|Memory Slot||Yes microSD/TransFlash|
|Operating System||Android 8.0|
Let’s know how to Root Samsung galaxy S9 and S9+
Samsung S9 and s9+ is latest devise launched by Samsung this week. Although Samsung firmware is popular for their ROM features and frequent updates. Many of android lovers used to run rooted ROM in their phone. Many reasons can be behind it. By the rooting device you will be allowed to use maximum features in same device. By the rooting your Samsung galaxy S9 or S9 plus (SM-G955U and SM-G955U1) you will get unbelievable features and privilege which a traditional android user will never get even in Samsung S9 or in future S10. Android ROM/firmware developer/builder, and advance android users started their work on Samsung S9 rooting process.
There are more than 2 options of rooting your Samsung galaxy s9+. But very first we will discuss easy risk-free method. This is 2 minutes process. You don’t have to download many tools for this. Just download android manager on your computer or laptop. Android Manager is best free tool available on internet to root Samsung galaxy S9. reason behind we suggested you this tool is that you can use it for backup you all data. including video, music, pictures, software contact and messages memory etc. This advance tool allows you to root Samsung galaxy s9 without any risk. All models of Android devices are compatible with Android Manager, like Huawei, Samsung Galaxy S9/S8/S7, HTC, LG, Lenovo, Motorola, Google Pixel, etc.
Here are some points to keep in mind before rooting Samsung Galaxy S9.
Turn off antivirus of your smartphone if you have installed
>Take backup of files and contacts for safety. Backup process explained above
>Low battery! Chance of brick will be 50 % more if your phone got power off during rooting process so charge your phone above 80%
>Now, go to “Settings” and click on “Developer Option “and switch “ON” it.
>After that turn ON “USB Debugging Option”.
>allow your phone to install unknow app in setting
Steps to root your Device Samsung galaxy s9 (SM-G955U and SM-G955U1)
Let’s make it simpler here is step guide so you can root your phone without any panic
Step 1. Run Program and Connect Samsung Device
Connect your device with computer through USB cable. The program will detect your phone if it is connected successfully and display it on the primary window.
Step 2. Select Rooting Mode
Now clink on toolbox, you can see one click root in last. click there
Step 3. One Click to Root Samsung without Data Loss
Click of confirmation root button.
Congrats you rooted your Galaxy s9 without any damage
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S9 with PC, Laptop, Computer
1.Download iroot toll from here
2.Install this on your PC, Laptop, Computer (Turn off antivirus if possible ).
3 Install android adb driver connect your phone with a USB data cable. (download driver now)
4. Run the Iroot Exe file.
5. Press root button from the window.
6. Wait for the it to install. Don’t touch your phone or data cable.
7. Congrats You are done with rooting your phone.
These are the best methods for Root Samsung Galaxy S9. If you need any deep help. Comment below our technical team will reply instantly.
Let’s start rooting of S9 and S9+ with Odin tool
Before rooting with Odin or android debug tools. you need to download Samsung Galaxy S9 ROMs, Kernels, Recoveries, & Other Development as much you want to customize your Samsung device. Before we start, need to download below mention tools. We will update download link soon.
- Download ROM for Samsung galaxy s9
- Download TWRP recovery for Samsung galaxy s9
- Download window ADB driver
- Download SuperSu for your device
Method Three (but not tested by team)
1.Enable Developer Option (settings – about phone – Software information – Tap 7 times on build number to activate developer option in settings menu)
2.Enable OEM Unlock from developer option (Currently no workaround for those who doesn’t have this option)
3.Download and copy N965F_root_OEM_issue_devices_V* .zip to Ext SD card
4.Download TWRP for S9+
5.Switch Off device
6.Press Vol down + Bixby + Power to reboot to download mode, press volume up when asked to continue to download mode
7.Download Odin ( http://techbeasts.com/download-odin-3-13-1-for-pc/ ) and open it, Disable ‘Auto reboot’ from option menu of Odin and follow below written steps if this not work for you
Files required to Root Samsung galaxy S9 :
- Mofiled Comsey Odin and Regular Odin Tool
- Download Galaxy S8 firmware files – SamPWND_S8_4File_Firm
- Download Galaxy S8 stock system.img.ext4 – SamPWND_S8.zip
- Download ENG system.img – systemroot.zip
Download firmware/rom for Samsung galaxy s9 :
- Mofiled Comsey Odin and Regular Odin Tool
- Download Galaxy S9 Plus firmware files
- Download Galaxy S9 of your choice and extract
- Download ENG system.img –
Files required to Root Samsung galaxy S9 and s9 plus
- and Regular Odin Tool.
- Download Galaxy S9 Plus firmware files –
- Download Galaxy S9+ of your choice and extract stock system.img.ext4 file
- Download ENG system.img –
Steps to Root Galaxy S9 and S9Plus Snapdragon Variants :
- First step is Download the S9/Plus SAMPWND firmware package and the systemroot.zip file to your PC.
- After that extract the both zip files in the ADB and fastboot folder.
- Now Open Prince Comsy Odin, and place the firmware files in their respective slot (BL –> BL, AP –> AP, CP–> CP, CSC–> CSC)
- Connect your S8 to your computer with the original data cable and reboot into the Download/Odin mode.
- To enter into download mode you need to turn off your device and press and hold the Bixby and volume down bttons, then press the power button. you have to wait until you see the download mode screen.
6. Once you enter into Download mode, now you see an ID: COM port turned blue and Added message in Odin message box means your device has been recognized by Odin.
7. If ID: COM doesn’t show means your driver is not correctly installed or try it with different USB cable.
8. Make sure that only these options are select/tick Auto Reboot, Re-Partition, F. Reset Time, Nand Erase All, and Phone Bootloader Update.
9. click ‘Start‘ button and it will start flashing the file. Wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin screen.
10. Now your device will reboot into recovery mode, at this point just select reboot system now.
11. Now, setup your device and enable USB Debugging again.
12. On ADB folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
13. Now check your connection by typing the below command
- adb devices
- 14. if your device is listed, you’re ready to move to the next step.
- Issue the following adb commands one by one.
- adb push systemroot /data/local/tmp
- adb shell chmod –R 0777 /data/local/tmp
- adb shell setsid su
15. If the last command from above worked for you, you’ll not be seeing dream2qlte, $ or # in the command window, but when you type in “id” and hit enter it should show you as root.
16. If you see dream2qlte, $ or # Type “exit” in the command prompt till you see a blank line and don’t get any errors. You will see a in the next line a “#”. Then type “id”
17. Once you’re in the root shell, enter the command below.
- echo /data/local/tmp/systemroot/remount2.sh > /sys/kernel/uevent_helper
- (this will remount system and rootfs as r/w)
Now you have to wait 30 seconds and then type “mount” and enter until you see / or rootfs and /system mounted as RW. Once you see them mounted as RW, execute the below script.
- sh /data/local/tmp/systemroot/root.sh
(there will be some errors displayed back to you in adb, don’t worry about them)
When the script is complete your device will reboot. This step will Root Samsung galaxy S9 and S9 Plus US variants.
Once the phone is back up, you should be rooted. IF you have any issue feel free to comment i will guide you thank-you